So, I've decided to change some things up here as I feel that just a "pros & cons" list isn't cutting it. While I figure out exactly what/how I'm going to do, though, here is a list of must-sees & can-live-withouts!
* (Almost) Anything from M. Night Shyamalan, especially the earlier stuff: The Sixth Sense & Signs. Now, I personally LOVED The Village but from what I've heard, I stand in a small crowd.
* About A Boy - A good mixture of humor and...depression?
* UP - I'm not sure why people think this movie is so boring! I loved it. Really pretty and very adorable plot.
* I've said it once and I'll say it again... go see The King's Speech!
* Now, I just saw this movie last night and the review is coming but I'll go ahead and recommend Rabbit Hole. The score is really nice and the story, though some might find it quite depressing, is well written and performed.
* Even though I really really really despise the total and complete LACK of a proper storyline, the amazingness of the visual effects in Avatar, alone, make it a "must see".
* If you haven't already, you really should see Despicable Me.
* Even if you aren't an animal lover (or a fan of Claire Danes), you should really still see Temple Grandin. Beautiful story and amazing performance.
* One of the funniest movies I saw last year, Easy A.
We can live without...
* Valentine's Day. Yep, that star-studded movie was one of the worst I saw all last year. I can't even pinpoint a single thing that made it so cringe-worthy, it just wasn't good.
* Anything Twilight related. Sorry to all you "TwiHards" out there...these stories (what? there was WRITING involved???) are just so poorly written and badly performed. I still don't understand the attraction of this saga. I might have to write an entire post detailing my disdain for this topic.
* Dear John needed a lot of help. I tried to read the book...couldn't get through it. I'm not sure how I made it through the movie.
* Speaking of Amanda Seyfried and movies I could barely get through, Letters To Juliet was atrocious.
* Not only is this movie disturbing on multiple levels, it's scientifically inaccurate and that's why The Human Centipede is on this list.
* I'm not even sure why The Knowing was even made. I'll leave it at that.
I'll probably do another more of these lists in the future. Stay tuned for more in depth reviews!